Maria's blog... general uncommon sense!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Issue 2- Boosting the Minimum Wage




Living below the poverty line is difficult and unhealthy, it is not okay that so many people are still living in such conditions were they have to decide are they going to send their child to school or are they going to eat lunch today. The minimum wage was raised from $5.15 per hour to $7.25 but that is still not enough, families can apply for benefits such as food stamps and earned income tax credits even then people still can't seem to stay afloat. I make more than the minimum wage and I know that I couldn't support a family on my income without help, so I can understand how these people struggle to even have just the necessities.



Many people say that the minimum wage earners are high school and college students only, sadly that is not the truth. Most of the minimum wage earners are single parents, hence why we need so many support programs and financial aid. Below I have a picture that represents the working class struggling to make ends meet and I also have linked to other students blogs. Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment