Maria's blog... general uncommon sense!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Twin Cities Hospitals Spokeswoman Fired after theft

About the article:

Trish Dougherty was dismissed from work just Hours after news had broke that she had been caught stealing money, surgical supplies, and patient information at a South Dakota hospital that she had previously worked at.

I can't believe that someone would be so dumb as to steal from a hospital, especially the place where you work. Not only is stealing wrong but if you get caught you will also be sentenced in a court of law but, you will probably get fired from your job. I really don't understand why someone would try to steal patient information. What use do you have for it? I realize that is a form of identity theft but, honestly their is not much point in that. Just causes more trouble for you in the long run. To steal surgical supplies you would have to be a complete idiot! For one, what would you need them for? Also, those supplies are counted so the place needs to know where their supplies are being distributed to and what for. I work in a nursing home, I work in the medical field. I know how much medical supplies are worth, I know how important it is to protect patients rights, and lastly, I know how important money is in the workplace. Working at a nursing home I am aware of the fact that doing those things would be so easy, walking down to the nursing supply room and loading up your car when no one is looking. It takes honesty. If its not yours; don't touch it! That is a concept from Kindergarten; everyone should know that. BE HONEST! If not; you are only hurting your own image.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=850980

No comments:

Post a Comment