Maria's blog... general uncommon sense!

Friday, March 26, 2010

"Democrats send Obama final health measure"

About the article:

According to the many opposed (Republicans) of this bill, it should have been "dead in the water" but according to Obama supporters, that's not true. The bill was a long time coming and was a welcome change in pace. The articles strongest point was that Obama wouldn't seem like such a "horrible" President if he didn't have such a huge mess to clean up from our previous President... (...eek... a Republican.) This is where I drift from what the article says to how I feel about the issue. Okay. Here I go.... If Mr. George Bush would have ran the country like a President is supposed to we would not be on this train running wide open about to fly off the tracks. Anyone who tries to blame all of the worlds problems on Obama, and the huge, sky rocketing deficit on him, also needs to be put in their place. Obama did not run the government into this hole. That would be Bush. I am not saying that everything Bush did was bad, I mean he didn't bring back the draft, but if given the chance (he probably would have). Bush also didn't come up with a health care bill that will help with a large part of our economies downturn. Many critics (Cough, cough... you know who you are.) say that they cannot afford to have a percent of their income taken for health insurance, but here's the A- Bomb! If you currently have health insurance through your employer, you ARE paying a percent of your income for health insurance, if you are paying through a private agent, you are paying a little larger portion of your income; their is a chance that you do not have health insurance, but then one cannot help to think about who will be paying your bill if you need to visit the doctor, the hospital or have a surgery. That will be part of your income also! If perhaps you are on a Government subsidized health care program, I would like you to think real hard about whose income is paying for that, congrats, you got it.... I am! So are all tax payers.
I understand that we all hit road bumps and need to have a little help to get through that rough patch, and I also, realize that we need to help out others who cannot work; but I don't believe it is my job to pay for someone to have a free life because they just don't want to work and would rather just bring more kids into the world that they cannot pay for. I am not opposed to helping people out but their is helping people out and then there is doing everything for them.
My rant about the unfairness of our health care system is directly parallel to that of this article. Definitely I agree that this health insurance overhaul was necessary, leaving you on that note I hope that describes the article and gives a taste of my thoughts.



http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

No comments:

Post a Comment